A series of episodes featuring three graphic design creations per episode, with a brief explanation on how each design was created. Although we do not dwell on the specific tools used in the process, as most creatives would already know about the necessary tools required for graphic designing, while interested enthusiasts will definitely research the necessary tools, rather we elaborate on the techniques used in creating each of the design pieces, giving creatives and designers a sense of how to approach each of the creative tasks or graphic design processes.
Starting with a pussy cat image that had yellow eyes and white fur, we separated the eyes and body onto separate layers. We then duplicated each of these layers and gave each a different fill color. Using blending modes we blended each of the layers with their duplicates to change the color of the fur and eyes, we then merged each of the originals with the duplicate layer. Using a white fur texture background, we used the same technique as above to change the color of the fur background. Once we had two separate layers a fur background and the pussy cat face, we blended both layers seamlessly into one. We also had to do some image retouching using cloning techniques and finally played with image contrast to make the final outcome pop.
Using a real life image as a guide we used a vector design program to trace the contours of one side of the Tigers face and then created a copy of that trace to reflect it on to the other side, we then merged both sides of the face as one single vector graphic. Using colors from the original image we painted the vector image using a combination of stroke and fill color. We then created a vector background pattern that matched the tiger head and used the same colors on it. Moving into an image manipulation program, we gave the eyes a little bit of detail with brush coloring and also stylized the entire final image to give it an effect of darker to lighter color shading from the sides to the center.
Taking time to carefully separate the lion face and mane onto a separate layer, we then adjusted the contrast of the original image as it had an undesirable pastel style effect applied to it. Using a fire background image we changed its color to match the lion face, by duplicating the background layer, giving it a fill color and then using blending modes to combine it with the original. After having created a lion face and a fire background that had similar color profiles, we blended both images into one layer. Using a smoke brush we painted around the Lion face using white color to create very subtle smoke. Finally, we created a dark contrast of the image on a separate layer as well as a vibrant contrast of the image on another layer and played with the opacities to get a better look. After merging these three separate layers into one, we used cloning techniques to create a better overall result.